Safeguarding is paramount and at the core of everything we do.
Klub Verboten is the only entity of its kind that has achieved accreditation with the Good Night Out Campaign for more than three years in a row. Further to that, our team gets regularly trained by Safer Sounds Partnerships, WAVE and Verboten.
The Verboten Safeguarding Team is there to protect you all from unwanted tentacles, consent dickheads, and enforce all our Klub Rules. You can spot them by their BLUE BERET HATS and VERBOTEN LOGO HARNESSES.
Our rules are displayed throughout the venue. Please approach us immediately if you feel anyone attempts to breach these or if anything feels not 100% right. We will always have your back.
By doing so, you support Klub Verboten’s mission in preventive safeguarding for the cummunity.
DO FLAG THINGS
- Does the venue feel a bit chilly?
- Does the music feel too loud?
- Is there too much smoke?
- Do any rooms feel too dark or too bright?
- Are you struggling to find free tap water?
- Are you looking for a place to sit?
- Is anyone making you feel uncomfortable for any reason?
- Have you spotted someone who should not be in this space?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed?
- Do you think you have a medical emergency?
These are just a few reasons you can approach any of the Verboten Safeguards wearing blue beret hats and logo harnesses. The Key is to let us know IMMEDIATELY so we can change things directly whilst you are still at the event - We are there to have your back.
UNIVERSIAL SAFEWORD PINNAPLE
We do not tolerate any idiots in our space. Whether they entered your personal space, touched you without your permission, said something that did not feel positive, or infringed any of our other house rules.
By discreetly asking for PINEAPPLE, you can make us aware. We also respond to more commonly known safewords of the vanilla nightlife such as 'Ask for Angela'.
HOW TO SPOT US
- Blue beret hats + Verboten logo harnesses
GENERAL EVENT STEWARDS & PHOTOGRAPHERS